I took some photos of a place I love to go to until now! Freedom Falls is a 15 ft high falls which is in sight of a turn of the century almost fully intact iron ore furnace, ¼ mile from the Rockland tunnel and the rails to trails project and 2 miles from the Kennerdell scenic overlook. This has always been a beautiful place to visit... but... after a visit there today 7/29/07 I am very sorry to say that the hard core dirt bikers and 4 wheelers have moved in and turned this place into a hard core party scene! Not the thoughtful type of off road ATV and dirt bike riders but the ones who completely tear up the terrain and leave their garbage behind. They left broken beer bottles, paint ball stains, used condoms and food wrappers. Not to mention it smelled like 500 people urinated on every square inch of all of the way cool areas to explore! It stunk so bad I had to leave after only being there a 1/2 hr. It was humid today with no wind it was unbearable. These are the guys who give the respectable quad riders and bikers a bad name. I don't mind saying this pissed me off. Of all the places these assholes could have picked to ride and they had to pick a historical landmark WTF. Apparently the old guy that owns this place and use to watch the place has passed on "God rest his soul"! He would have never let this happen! I was just thinking… I wonder if these idiots would mind if I went to their house and road my mountain bike through the bed room and did my business on their bed and left a bunch of garbage and paint balled their house up like they did this area. I think NOT! OK, I feel better now that I have ranted a bit about this truly shameful disaster. I just couldn't recommend any one go there now! I will post information about this place if returns to its natural state then it would be worth the visit. I did map it at picasa just incase you wish to see for yourself. The photos at picasa were taken 9 months ago before the total disregard for this nice little get away!
Link to Picasa Photo Album below
Slide Show below
No comments:
Post a Comment