Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hike at Beaver Creek state Park, Ohio

Beaver Creek Park has a deep gorge, a river at the bottom and Gaston's Mill, a pioneer village with abandoned canal locks. There are16 mi. of trails, or ride your horse on 23 mi. scenic bridle trails, they tell you to (B.Y.O.H.) LOL. Mountain bikers are welcome on bridle trails too. The park also has camping and picnic tables everywhere. And these huge strange bugs that I have never seen before that I managed to photograph. I thought they were hummingbirds at first, and then I looked closer and thought they were teeny tiny Lobsters, with wings, "tee hee", but they are actually moths! H-m-m-m! They are big and strange and I'm glad they don't sting because they were everywhere. There would be no escaping these things if the attacked because they can fly as fast as a hummingbird. They were kind of tricky to photograph too. Anyone knowing me would know I hate stinging flying critters and that I would rather wrestle an alligator than deal with stinging flying critters, So anyway, they weren't stinging flying critters so that's cool. The old village is nice and well maintained but it wasn't nearly as exciting as my trip to Ricketts Glen. As far as the Hiking goes at Beaver Creek Park there are trails but not nearly as good as the ones within 14 miles of my house. Namely McConnell's Mill State Park and Moraine State Park which has a lake known as Lake Arthur in which I have posted pictures of both places at Picasa which is where these photos are linked to. It's a nice place and a nice trip but it's really hard to justify going back there when we have parks much nicer and much closer to home. One closing thought if you are an avid horse back rider then it would be a kick butt place to go and I would highly recommend the trip "B.Y.O.H."

Picasa photos of the event below
Beaver Creek State Park, Oho
Slide Show below

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great site ricky !
your sister

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I never realized you were this much of a shutter-bug. The shots down at the furnace/falls (on your MySpace account) are really, really good. I'm impressed. It's a shame about idiots desecrating the area. As far as the God Rock (also MySpace), check the history books for a guy named "Celeron de Blainville" who supposedly buried a lead plate somewhere around the rock claiming the area for France.

Dr Jayashree Joshi said...

Nice blog. I liked the pictures.
Could you visit my blog and website please?
http://travel-indianpedi.blogspot.com
www.farawaysister.com
I'd especially like you to visit my website.
Thanks

Wai Yien said...

prawn is the equivalent of shrimp

http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Money Online said...

Good picture
http://moneysonline.blogspot.com
joe